Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Buckle Under Your Boobs

Back from Dallas TX. Had a training conference with my Company and it was DYNAMITE! Sorry its' been awhile.

My sister Faith and I were joking about the concept of belt buckles and being high-waisted. In our family we're more of a "Cross-your-waist" bra style of women. Until I was 22 I never liked the way I looked. Actually hated that I didn't look like 80's perfection. No I'm relieved and embracing the quirks.

Did you know that most people are not symmetrical in their bodies? Ears, Breast, Eyes Hips... And yet when a standard is raised - Symmetry is "perfection" according to whatever magazine guru has elected themselves to deciding that they are god of beauty-law. Who decided that we all have to have a 6-pack? I love my husband and he was mentioning that even when in peak condition (he freakin biked the Alaska Hwy) and when he was totally ripped - his body didn't form the coveted 6-pack. I could have cared less. I like his nose, I like his heart, I like the way his personality fills a room.

Sure, some folks rate high on the gorgeous-o-meter for looks only. I just like when they have gorgous insides too.

18 comments:

Jenny W said...

nobody wants to see that :P

Elizabeth F. said...

Yeah, I think all of us women are lop-sided! he..he..IT was a relief to find out that pretty much everyone has the same problem!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's much easier to buy the coveted six pack than it is to form one.

Mrs. Sara said...

I've got gorgeous insides. You should see my pancreas... sexxxxxaaaaay!

It's been scientifically proven that symmetrical faces are more attractive to most people. It's not a "I hate your crazy uneven eyes" thing, but apparently an issue of reproduction. It's thought to be because people with symmetrical bodies are more resistant to pathogens, and good health is correlated with reproductive success. So when we look at Denzel Washington and think, "Man, is he dreamy," it's not because he doesn't have a humpback but because, somewhere deep down, we think he could give us a thousand babies. :)

Of course, if this were true 100% of the time, I'd be infertile based on my right boob alone...

Jenny W said...

i'll read mrs. sara's comment and choose which topic to think about: the apparently assymetrical right boob (tmi!) or denzel. let's see...um...it's a tough one but i'm thinking the yummy actor wins

levi fuson said...

i have assametrical boobs too...

small world.

l.

Unknown said...

Can someone please explain to me why boobs are lopsided...I know mine are!!!! At least one size difference....any thoughts????

Mrs. Sara said...

Cause there's more ducks in that line?

Larky Park said...

To keep Victoria Secret is business?

Maybe we're "ergonomically designed"?

Mrs. Sara said...

Well, men always have one hand that's bigger than the other... so it makes sense, evolutionary sense, that we would have different sized boobs.

Anonymous said...

The only person I have seen with a six pack is Josh and his buddies when he came back from Afghanistan and Iraq. I talked to him last night he told me he can now only do 60 push-ups, 50 pull-ups and run a mile before being complete exhausted. He went on to tell he how out of shape he is and that last year in Iraq he was able to do twice that much plus run 5 miles with all his gear in the heat (I think that was a young Marine story!). Anyway, I guess we all have to learn to be happy with who we are. I'm going to be 29 (yeah right) next week and I am finally learning that.

btw - the only six pack in our house is in our refrigerator!

Sue

Larky Park said...

Sue, you've had several hours, don't you mean 3-pack... ;)

Larky Park said...

Did anyone notice Levi's funny typo?

Mrs. Sara said...

Assametrical?

Larky Park said...

Hee-hee. A lopsided bootie. Hee-hee.

Tamy S. said...

We have figured out the right term for Levi's boobs they are really called "moobs" man boobs. Atleast I thought it was kinda catchy...

Larky Park said...

Moobs....Moobs.Moobee boobee

Yes. It's deemed a word of perfection.

Anonymous said...

I just googled moobee boobee and it took me to you