Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Excellence in the Cocoon

I am lazy by nature. But that nature has gotten me nowhere. So I have learned to love clearing out the clutter physically and mentally. The biggest challenge is the tenous balance of schedule. To be able to give the munchkins, the hub, my business, my household and the Father the needed amounts of time feels like a tightwire trick. Anyone relate?

My sis in law E, addressed this well on her blog. Some days you're surfing, some your rolling around in the sandy nether-belly of the sea. Young children in the house will often necessitate "cocoon" time - but it can go all too wrong if mama doesn't get time or MAKE time for herself. (The MAKE is for me to focus on). We are so shaped by life's mundane moments.

Holly, one of my girlfriends, calls it "fIinding excellence in the cocoon".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i were lazy by nature, because they maybe i could enjoy "being" rather than always "doing." instead i run in circles cleaning things that just get dirty again anyway; why bother? life is too short to worry about closets... :)

Anonymous said...

amen Jen! I need to be ok with being instead of doing too. Thanks for the mention Bethany, I am finding my way out from under that cloud of depression. Just needed a day out with ADULTS! :-)

rozmiarek thoughts said...

As I sit here on my day off as of late I can relate to what you are saying. Now granted I don't have kids, which right now with just being married I think is a good thing. The whole trying to get time to just yourself and find a balance to time with the guys, time with the wife, doing some house work and working is enough to make one go gray.
For me when things get a little out of hand in my head is time to sit back with a lite snack and watch Star Wars.

Unknown said...

You know I waiver between being really type A and really type B. Last night I went on this terror and spent like two hours cleaning the house. But at the end of all that I realized that I like it when the house is clean, and I know that cleaning is not the dude's forte. Thanks for all these amazing thoughts to ponder.