Saturday, December 30, 2006

Thoughts gathered on love

For one human being to love another is perhaps the most difficult task of all, the epitome - the ultimate test. It is that striving for which all other striving is merely preparation. Rainier Maria Rilke

I want the love in my life to feel like a deep breath, a blushing laugh, a view across the Sea of Cortez, always expanding - wider - glowing. Sabrina W. Harrison

If we let ourselves be truly seen, then we can be truly loved. Sark

Bless the not knowing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

Unknown said...

I would have to agree...you go girl...share that wisdom!! Love you girl!

Larky Park said...

Contemplating "Bless the not knowing." Am I the only one who considers this challenging? Does everyone look at the vast unknown and just rest mentally. It is a choice,for me.

Anonymous said...

I struggle with this as well. The not knowing. I worry...which I know is not resting mentally.

patty said...

I'm too freaking busy in my life cleaning up sticky boogers on the finger and just trying to catch up on the laundry to be deep. The only thing deep is kaa kaa in my house right now. I'm grocery shopping today with my almost-3 year old and she says "oh mommy, I made a mess on my finger..." I look over and there is the biggest sticky booger I have ever seen. Did that come out of MY little girl's nose????? well, that's as deep as it gets for now. glad to see someone else has some creativity in the blog world.......

Chaddo said...

never underestimate the depth of sticky boogers and kaka to make you wise

Larky Park said...

There is power in the mundane. Help me here - who is the contemplative author who wrote so powerfully of simplicity and service (washing dishes..). It's seriously the shortest book that will take you the longest time to read. Ah yes - Brother Lawrence "Practice of the Presence of God".